So I’ve been making copper bezels for coins for a while now. I bought some copper bezel wire, but it just didn’t work too well. Maybe my hands aren’t strong enough, I don’t know. But I bought some copper sheet in a thinner gauge than the bezel wire and cut it up. And it worked. I can cut it to exactly the size I need, which is not the same as the bezel wire. So that works out better.
And I’m just getting better at making them, which is not the same as I learned in class. Of course, the ones I made in class were bezel settings for stones and not meant to be seen from both sides. But I’m getting better at making them smooth and even. Next I’ll try making some in silver and brass.